Have you lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence and require the legal counsel of a wrongful death attorney? Contact Portland, Oregon wrongful death attorney Greg Zeuthen for assistance.
A wrongful death case is a lawsuit brought on behalf of survivors for damages caused by a loved one’s death. Generally speaking, immediate family members are eligible to recover damages for wrongful death. For example, the surviving spouse, children, and parents of the deceased are afforded protection under the law.
A wrongful death case may result from any of the following:
- A careless act resulting in death
- Defective drugs or medication
- A faulty product that causes injury and death
- A death following a medical operation
- The negligence of a doctor, hospital, or nursing home
- A motor vehicle/trucking accident caused by a defective motor vehicle
- A corporation’s failure to enforce applicable safety regulations
- A property owner who fails to meet safety regulations or acts carelessly