Q. What should I do first after being injured?
A: If injured, you should seek medical attention immediately. If you are injured in a car crash, you should contact your own automobile insurance company.

Q: Do I need an attorney to represent me?
A: In those cases where the injury is minor, you may not need a lawyer. However, in more significant cases involving serious injury, extended medical treatment, permanent injury, or death, you should consult with a lawyer who has experience and training to effectively represent your interests with the responsible party.

Q: What qualities do I look for in an attorney?
A: It is important to choose an attorney who is experienced in the law, well known and respected in the legal community, and who will aggressively protect your rights.

Q: What does it cost to have an attorney?
A: Most cases are handled on a contingency, which means the fee is paid at the time the case is resolved if there is a recovery. If there is no recovery, there is no fee.
In addition to fees are case costs. The Oregon State Bar regulations requires clients to pay the expenses of the case. In most cases, our office will advance the costs for you and will be reimbursed after the settlement or resolution of your case.

Q: How long does this process take?
A: Your case should not be settled until your doctor considers you medically stationary. Once you are medically stationary, we can begin the settlement process, which could take several months. In the case of wrongful death, the claim can be worked up almost immediately depending on the complexity of the case and the damages claimed.

Q: Will you take my case?
A: Because each case depends on the facts, until Greg has an opportunity to review all pertinent information, he will not be in a position to tell you whether or not he thinks you have a case, and if he will represent you. Greg does offer free initial consultations.